Finding a Home between the Sand & the Sun

Subic Bay | Manila, Philippines

Subic bay is where my heart truly belongs. Every time we head there for some R & R it feels like home. The sun, the sand and the air breathes life into me. 


“She loved the sea. She liked the sharp salty smell of the air, and the vastness of the horizons bounded only by a vault of azure sky above. It made her feel small, but free as well.”







What I'm Wearing
Hat | Forever 21, Silk Off Shoulder | Forever 21
Black Denim Skirt | Forever 21


Past | Present and Future

9 months ago I went through a break - up that truly broke my heart. But here I am now, rising from the pain and hurt. I don't have any regrets about my former relationship, only good thoughts. I know I have a long way to go before I feel complete with myself, but I am getting there and I will get there. I want to be able to learn to love myself first to teach myself to be a better person, to treat people with nothing but kindness. 

There was a time where I forgot who I was, I neglected myself and focused on others. I broke my own heart by giving too much and left myself with so little. I have been dreaming and wishing to go to the beach, to find serenity and marvel at the sun. When I finally did, I breathed in all the goodness and let go of all the hurt that I have been holding on to. I felt light and I felt free. For the longest time, I felt like I was in the dark, I have forgotten who I was, I lost my own identity and molded it with the person I was with. I have become someone I don't even recognize anymore. 

This place is where I feel most comfortable. I breathed in all the goodness that the sea brings and breathed out all the negativity. Here is where I finally found acceptance and it excites me to look forward to the future. 





(White sand silhouette)





(San Roque Chapel, Subic Freeport Zone) 




Decisions & Dreams 

I decided for once and for all that here in Subic is where I want to settle in the future, I could live here and never come back to the city. It's surrounded by trees and wildlife. Someday I want to buy a house and cover it with Flora and Fauna. My house doesn't even need to be grand, it could be a little corner drowned in vines. Beauty to me is a cozy little cot that breathes life, I want a house where it feel's like a home.  

The beauty of the place gave me a different perspective in life. Especially now that its cleaner and less cluttered. soaking up the sand and the sun inspired me to do more. It made me feel enriched and at peace. From now on, I will blog more, I will travel more and I will love myself greater. 

Subic bay is where I became inspired, enthralled and enchanted. It is also where I found home. Now I dream of the sun and the sand more often, and then my heart feels whole. Now I tell myself, there is a bigger and better tomorrow and you will conquer it. 

XOXO  - Aly 

Comments

PureGusto said…
I am a great fan of your blog and i just wanted to wish you a great year ahead!
Drew Pritchard said…
This is awesome! Every time I see you have new content the first thing I do is put the kettle on for a coffee. Keep it coming!
I really, really appreciate all the time you put into this!
Hi, I am your silent fan. As per usual, you are just awesome!
Great appreciation for the post, love it!
FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM