Nevermore by kelly Creagh

"My beautiful, my Isobel. My Love, you asked me to wait. And so I wait.
 For all of this I know, is but a dream.
And when in sleep, at last we wake.
I will see you again"
 - Varen Nethers, Nevermore


Isobel was a cheerleader, Varen Nethers is a Goth. In terms of clique's they are very different people, and in terms of being together, well that's just social suicide. 

Isobel just had the worst nightmare ever, she was partnered with Varen Nethers "the goth" for her English project, Varen is not sociable nor is he very nice, everyone knows that he could be somewhat a freak, and maybe he even drinks blood for a living. Isobel couldn't believe that this was happening to her. Her friends condemned her just for being in the project with him.

Varen's obsession with Edgar Allan Poe lead them to their main topic for the project, the more she knew Varen, the more Isobel began to be interested in him, he wasn't as dark and terrible as everyone see's him and next thing Isobel knew she was trapped in Varen's world, she see's things and dreams about the mysterious cloaked man named Reynolds whom warns her that Varen is in trouble. Now its up to Isobel to save Varen and their love. 

I have never read a book like this, it was just amazing. The whole "A living Nightmare" definitely applies with Nevermore. It was fresh from all the dystopian and vampire genre's coming around. Kelly Creagh's was so creative, she created a whole world inspired by Edgar Allan Poe, her protagonist was not even the wallflower type but instead a cheerleader, a girl everyone loves to hate. All in the same her Hero was not the typical hero as well, everyone knows goth's are interesting but to be frank were quite scared to approach them.

I liked her writing style although its not astonishing, but Kelly Creagh was close enough. The heroine was not the "damsel in distress" anti - heroine type so it kept me interested, there were no dull moments, well except for the "too much" details on what she's wearing doing and such, I would prefer if she kept those in a minimum because everything about the book was quite swell, reading through a bunch of details could definitely get boring.

I love the mystery of their troubled relationship,. The idea of dreams and reality in one was what kept me going. There was drama, there was action and a lot of love, plus I am quite a big fan of Edgar Allan Poe, I'm not going to every detail on how he came around but he's there all right. Ill leave all the suspense to you guys, hopefully you'd like this book as well. 

What are your thoughts about Nevermore? let me know on twitter!! #artisticallygeekynevermore


Comments

FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM