Fashion 101 "Fall 2012"

Fall is coming in a matter of months so get your gears ready and lets start dressing up!

Tights is my go to accessory when it comes to dressing my outfit up a notch, It creates a certain formality to your outfit and even gives more definition to your look. In Manila, we only have 2 seasons and that is summer and rainy season. So somehow we consider the rainy days  as Fall. Snow is out of the question, we'd wish for it but no way unless the world is about to end will it come to my country.

I used to be really lazy when it comes to dressing up for rainy days, I get irritated and to simply put it don't like getting my legs and feet wet! So I wear whatever I find in my closet  to pair it with jeans, then I throw in the fugliest anti rain shoes, and I end up looking like a grandma. So I've come up with some ideas on how to keep in fashion this "Fall" for every occasion.  

*A little bit of History -  Tights were originally worn by men in Medieval times and the Renaissance as their version of pants, but is now considered a unisex fashion.  

There are a lot of varieties of tights to try, such as the Opaque or even the ever classic Sheer. So here are some looks I've created to help you get started with this wonderful trend. featuring tights and socks from www. legsavvy.com please do check them out! they have the best leg accessories in the biz! tights will keep you warm, comfy and uber stylish. 

GALAXY SWEETHEART

Galaxy prints are so in today, for me it is one of the best trends to try, I personally like the dreamy effect it creates to an outfit. Try throwing on your galaxy printed skirt or dress for a formal event. Wear some tights to tone down the overwhelming print. It becomes classy and elegant!
Galaxy Sweetheart


Black blouse
1,580 PHP - glamorousuk.com

Checkered skirt
5,795 PHP - etsy.com

Casadei high heels
44,095 PHP - thecorner.com

Alexander mcqueen handbag
70,255 PHP - matchesfashion.com

Oasis jewelry
1,975 PHP - oasis-stores.com

Jamie Joseph opal jewelry
203,250 PHP - ylang23.com

Fragrance
2,855 PHP - nordstrom.com

microfiber tights.jpg (388×550)
legsavvy.com



MINNIE MOUSE
I'm not really a fan of polka  dots, but I believe this print will give more definition to your sweet look, get yourself a pair of over the knee socks and voila polka dot problem solved, it becomes more defined and feminine. Minnie Mouse pulled it off and so can you!
Minnie Mouse


Lace blouse
3,495 PHP - forevernew.com.au

Proenza Schouler vintage jacket
20,785 PHP - lagarconne.com

Red short skirt
1,430 PHP - sheinside.com

Robert Clergerie leather brogue
22,885 PHP - shirise.com

Fat Face vintage satchel
4,470 PHP - fatface.com

Heart jewelry
840 PHP - ladiesemporium.com

47421.jpg (456×770)
legsavvy.com


WHAT A CREEPER
Creepers are one of the trends I actually disagreed with, but after seeing a few styles from Jeffrey Campbell I decided to give it a go, to help your creepers become more wearable throw in some ribbed tights to create more spunk! Tights on shorts are amazing, it helps your outfit look more conservative and stylish. 

Short Story


1,315 PHP - houseoffraser.co.uk

Joie shorts
4,645 PHP - joie.com

Jeffrey Campbell black shoes
7,350 PHP - jildorshoes.com

Vintage rucksack backpack
41,700 PHP - farfetch.com

ASOS studded jewelry
1,045 PHP - asos.com

Miso feather jewelry
330 PHP - republic.co.uk

Vintage style ring
1,050 PHP - motelrocks.com

7412.jpg (464×719)
legsavvy.com




Go and try out one or all of these looks, to keep you fashionably ready this fall! 


Don't forget to follow www.legsavvy.com on twitter @legssavy!



FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM