Sweet Serenity

May 1 2012

Today marks the first of many for us Bridesmaids for my Ate's wedding, we are finally having our measurements taken for our dresses. I know it's quite a long time til the wedding, but John and Paul Herrera creates the dresses ahead of time, about 8 or 6mos before the wedding.

Before the fitting, about 2weeks ago I showed John and Paul  my designs for our dresses (Entourage) for the wedding, they were my former teachers at FIP. I was nervous to show them my designs because I wasn't sure If my work would make them proud, It took me quite sometime before I actually revealed it to them, to my surprise they loved it and told me it was tres' chic' and I made them very very proud :) I didn't expect such a wonderful reaction from them I mean c'mon they're such big designers already! It was such an honor for me to be able to make them proud. Paul told me that instead of his name to be written on the dresses it would be mine and I was completely flattered, I couldn't even say anything to him for quite some time. I was truly blessed for that opportunity, this Entourage dress is somehow my very own mini collection.

To give you an idea on how our dresses will look like, here are some of my designs :)


My ate and I collaborated with this collection, she had the vision and I had the skills to put it on paper :) We were inspired by the recent movie "The Hunger Games" particularly with the "Capitol" fashion.


Paul and I decided to create the dresses using the fabric called "Galaxy Tulle", It was the same fabric used for Katniss's dresses for her interviews with Ceasar Flickerman :)






Paul was the one who go the idea of using the Galaxy tulle, he was apparently super excited for the collection and decided to research about it :) 

Here are Kyra and Kate having their measurements taken :) 



And of course here I am the Photog :D


I had so much fun creating these designs, I'm so thankful for this opportunity. I am now very inspired to continue on with my career in fashion :)













FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM