Visita Iglesia 2012


























(Sto.Domingo church in San Juan metro manila)

When I woke up this morning, my mom told me immediately to wake up my lil sis and our cousin Kate because we're going to do the traditional "Visita Iglesia", Visita Iglesia is celebrated every holy week its sort of  penance for the Lord. Each and every catholic should visit about 12 houses of God (church) to pray and thank him for his blessings while praying to the 14 stations of the cross. It has been years since we last did the "Visita Iglesia" my parents have been busy in the past, and it feels good that we had time for it today. We started in the church in Karangalan Pasig and ended at the Parish in Cainta. 

I didn't want to take so much pictures because it seems very disrespectful, I was there to pray not to do a photoshoot. I saw lots of people coming to the churches with their cameras and taking photos, they posed as if its another one of their facebook photo-ops. I don't want to sound like a hypocrite but I observed those who are really there for God and those who are there to boast their expensive camera's, okay Ill just stop myself before I get nasty... anyway, I had a really great day, I feel tired but at the same time I feel good knowing I've done my part as a Christian, and there are many more things to do before the end of the Holy Week. 

Have you started your Visita Iglesia? What are your traditions with your family this Holy Week?





FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM