DIY Bottlecap Jewelry: The Avengers Pin

The new Avengers movie is all the rage this summer, and each and everyone of us have our very own favorite Avenger, I for one love Captain America and Iron Man. It started with the comic books, then down to the Civil War graphic novels, but anyhoo before I get too "geeky" I'd like to share to everyone a little something I made this week.

I've been dying to see the movie for ages,  my cousins (Kyra and Kate), my little sister and I was so excited about the movie that we planned our outfit and everything, from top to bottom! I was going to be Capt. America while the rest of them were all the other Avengers. Unfortunately we weren't able to get free premiere tickets from our Broadcasting clients. So I decided to be creative instead of sulking around like a mad woman.  

So girls go and wear your favorite Avenger to the launch of its very first movie! 




Bottle caps are one of the go to's in creating simple jewelry and I've come up with an idea on how to make your own pin without using "diamond glazed" resin! It's quite hard to find that product here in Manila, so I really have to be resourceful! I don't want to spend a couple of hundred bucks for something I could actually create on my own, and besides a true fashionista can always be fashionable without breaking their bank. 

So here is a step by step tutorial using photos!


Things you will need 

1. Safety pins
2. A coin, Scissors and a Pencil
3. Hot glue 
4. A template for your bottle cap design
5. Bottle caps
6. Clear nail varnish (optional)


It only comes with four easy steps, so lets get started!

1. Use the coin to trace its shape towards your design.
2. cut the template.
3. place hot glue all over the inside of your bottle cap. wait for it to cool down a little to harden, once it is cooled down enough stick your template on the hot glue covered bottle cap.
4. put some varnish on your design to create that glossy effect.

lastly place some hot glue on the back of the bottle cap and attach your safety pin.


Voila!! your very own Avengers pin! 

It's cheap, it's fast, and it's very easy to create! so be innovative and experiment. 

Avengers Assemble!!

I hope you liked this tutorial! more DIY's coming soon! 





FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM