Journey 2 "The Mysterious Island"♥

Last Saturday, my family and I went to Shang ri la to watch the new Journey Installment. We were pretty excited about the movie because the first movie was a real blast. Ever since then, we've been pretty big fans of the movie. Plus Jules Vern books are an inspiration to everyone.


The movie revolves around the protagonist Sean Anderson (played by Josh Hutcherson) Sean is a troubled teenager struggling to adjust with his life in having a step father. He was recently in and out of adventures alongside his uncle Trevor Anderson (Brendan Fraser) . Sean starts to become restless and vowed to find his long lost Grandfather who was previously searching for "The Mysterious Island". His step father Hank (Dwayne Johnson) in order to bond with Sean, opted to help the boy out and took him to Palau to try and find his grandfather Alexander (Michael Caine). They meet up with the only people crazy enough to take them to their coordinates, a father and daughter duo named Gabato (Luis Guzman) and Kailani (Vanessa Hudgens), Palau locals who owns a beat up helicopter as a tourist transportation/ tour along the island.




The movie was a real blast. We had such a great time watching it (I recommend viewing it in 3D or imax) I was wee bit disappointed for the absence of Brendan Fraser, I was surprised that they didn't clear anything out about his "MIA" in the movie, but then again, I believe they had reasons for it. Anyway, As I was watching, I was literally at the edge of my seat, it was that awesome!



I loved how they gave the actor Luis Guzman a break, because he always had minor roles in most movies, and I'm really glad he had a great part here. He was a good addition to the cast, he added a lot of flavor. I also liked that somehow Dwayne Johnson's part was not forced, even though he was completely a new character. I give nods to the writers for not making it awkward at all. He did the "dad" part pretty well. Josh Hutcherson as usual gave a great performance, big things will happen for this kid I swear! haha. The legend Michael Caine, gave his usual poise and intelligence that made him the right actor for the role as the head of the Anderson clan. Lastly Vanessa Hudgens, as always the temptress! haha :) she was really gorgeous, and honestly she can act. I've always loved her and her style, and somehow as an actress too.



(Dwayne Johnson as Hank)


(Josh Hutcherson as Sean)


(Vanessa Hudgens as Kailani)

There are a lot of laughs, and ooohhh and ahhh's in the movie, plus the whole shebang of excitement and suspense!




Comments

FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM