The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins♥



I was almost hesitant to read this series, because of its popularity, plus the new movie coming out. But then again I told myself to give it a shot, it might even become one of my favorites.

I downloaded myself all three hunger games books, which is "The Hunger Games" (book 1), "Catching Fire" (book 2) and "Mocking Jay" (book 3). I was completely drawn to the book. It was truly a great read.

Katniss Everdeen is not your typical 16yr old she was raised in district 12, a coal mining district of Panem. The country that was once called America. Katniss Volunteered to become a tribute to the "Hunger Games" so that her sister Prim would not have to suffer the games. The Hunger Games is a competition in Panem which is held yearly with 2 competitors from ever District that is aged 12 - 18yrs old, where they will battle to the death with only one winner.

Katniss was a very like - able character especially in the first book. She was strong willed, and knew how to have an open mind. Her family is her everything, she chose to sacrifice herself for the sake of her younger sister, and that completely made me like her with a snap of a finger. Katniss, is smart, resourceful and somehow even devious... well she sort of manipulated Peeta anyway.. haha... Somehow she's a good example on how a young woman should be, not some sappy lovesick weirdo.. 

I liked how the whole book was about a different view of the world. On what will be the outcome of the future.Imagine a life full of famine and poverty, but still you can never really escape the depth of despair, because you'd have to be inducted into a game where you'd have to kill and survive. It teaches everyone to be ready, and cautious, somehow it taught me how to be strong for myself, I even thought of probably getting a few lessons on how to hold a dangerous weapon, hehe, because honestly you may never know what lies ahead of you. 


And there you have it, I'm officially a Hunger games fan! 




Comments

FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM