Book Highlight - "Passion" by Lauren Kate♥
Passion is the 3rd installment for the Fallen series, a saga about a Fallen Angel who fell in love with a mortal.
In Passion, Luce is driven by her determination to find the root cause of her curse with Daniel. She travels back in time to their past lives to understand how and why she has to die and be reincarnated just for Daniel. She uses the "announcers" to open up portals to her past, and now Luce is in a whirlwind adventure in unlocking the mysteries of her past.
I was deeply intrigued by this series, so I followed it through, the first book was ok, the second was was eh.. and now the third one with full on blast through the past.
I have to say I was very eager to read it at the first few chapters but when it came to the middle I wanted it over. It had a great and wonderful start, I liked how she went back in time to find things out on why and how Daniel truly loves her. Luce saw everything from her being Russian, to being Chinese and even a Mayan sacrifice but still she had to be convinced why he truly loves her. The sad part about it is Luce tried to interfere with her past, and somehow if she created a big mess out of it, will she even really meet Daniel? I was disappointed on how it was turning out. Luce was back to being vulnerable and desperate. She kept saying how she misses him and all that, then why not stop and wait for him to find her... She trusted a cynical, maniacal gargoyle to go through with her journey and did not even get the slightest idea that he was out there to have her killed and be destroyed. I thought Luce was strong willed? what happened?
I liked how Daniel finally realizes Luce's worth in his life, and how his decision of being with her the right thing to do. I just wish Luce would attain some confidence about their relationship.
I just wish that the 4th book would truly be amazing because the previous ones were in the middle of OK....

Comments