Book Highlight - "The Goddess Test" by Aimee Carter♥
I was deeply amused and enamored by this book. It wasn't your typical tragic love story, this book actually had depth and content. I applaud Aimee Carter for this novel :)
Katherine Winters was not your average girl. She is a young woman trying to make her mother's last days the happiest. Eden was the last place on earth she wanted to be, little did she know it's where her new life will begin. She meets a young man who claims to be the god of the Underworld, and tells her that if she passes 7tests of the gods she will one day rule the Underworld with him.
I was amazed by the story, It was fresh and thrilling. It's somehow a breath of fresh air from all the supernatural genre books coming out. What I loved about this book the most is that the character was portrayed very strongly, she had a mind of her own, she did not let a man dictate her happiness, plus I loved Greek Mythology, and this book had it all, although I have to say, I was sort of disappointed in the ending. It just turned out really "nice" I was hoping for a little more spice but I guess it was fine that way. Plus Kate was determined to help everyone around her, she did not play victim but instead chose to do something about their problems and how to overcome them.
I liked Kate's relationship with Henry (Hades) it started with a friendship that turned into a great love story.
Comments