Book Highlight - "Shiver" by Maggie Stiefvater♥

This book had a lot of promising reviews form various readers, I was intrigued by the cover art as well as the synopsis. It was a different take on the supernatural love story for instead of "Vampires" this was about werewolves. 



I picked up my own copy about 3 weeks ago and started reading it after my "Fallen" series, The book was good at the start, I was really to get into it, but then as it was progressing I stopped and stared at the pages.. It was shamefully same as the dreaded "Twilight" I was almost in tears because I have to say it was a waste of money (sorry Shiver fans) I thought the book had more depth into it, a little more bravada and self - respect. I was truly disappointed of how it turned out. 

The protagonists of the book is Sam (werewolf) and Grace (Human Girl). The reason why I said it was another "Twilight" is because of the similarities it has. Like "Stalker boy issues" because Sam (in the form of a Werewolf) watches Grace in the night, he was outside the house but don't get me wrong "BUT" still it's creepy...  It was the same as Edward watching Bella in the corner of her room while she sleeps. Goodness! Then there's the "girl who has no self - respect" thing. Grace let Sam live in her house, her room in particular (Sam while in human form) to prevent him from becoming a werewolf again... it was another life gone to ruins kinda thing, because Grace convinces Sam that its ok to have teen - sex... wow...  Plus! Grace's parents never knew Sam was living with them the whole time.. that's just overboard...

I wanted to convince myself that maybe the book was going to get better, but as I finished it... I couldn't even describe the ridiculousness.. 

I want to point out the inappropriateness that this book was showing. Grace was only 17 and she let a man/boy live in her room and the "teen sex". With this kind of story it makes it seem alright for young girls to do that because books like "Twilight" and "Shiver" pertains to it. I'm not a goody two shoes kind of person, but I am a girl who knows what is right from wrong. So please Dear Authors stop creating books like these....  Tragic love stories shouldn't be a tragedy even from the start, to the point that it affects the greater good..


I am truly sorry from the bottom of my heart if someone get's offended with this post, I am no hater :)

So dear readers what do you think about Maggie Stiefvater's Shiver?






Love, Aimee♥

Comments

FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM