Book Highlight - "Percy Jackson and the Olympians" by Rick Riordan♥

I have to be honest I know I am not good in reviewing a book. Although I want to make a review because of my love for the whole series :) Rick Riordan did such an incredible job in capturing our hearts and root for our favorite Hero "Percy Jackson". The book was so magical and I couldn't put it down I finished the whole book series in just a week that's about 5 books to be exact. I was devoted to the series, to the point that I kept quoting lines to my family and friends. To make me even crazier I was starting to believe I was a demigod myself! hahaha :)

Greek Mythology is my favorite so its another plus one to the book, because it was as if I'm studying it again :)  and also Poseidon is my favorite Olympian god so more points to the series!





The series was everything good, a lot of action and thrills.. simply Amazing, it was a breath of fresh air considering the ones that are being published today ugh... Percy Jackson was an action packed adventure. Reading it there was a lot of mystery in the start, who was Luke really working for? and what is he up to? what's going to happen? is Percy ending up with Annabeth?

What I like most about it is that nothing was forced, Percy became a young man because of his determination to help save Olympus. He was never greedy although he had a little bit of pride, but the best thing about him is his wonderful heart. He never gave up on his friends and as much as possible Percy would do anything just to make it easier for the rest of them. The whole book was fun and very informative about the Greek Mythology, yeah there were a lot of alterations but it made it as if it was really a part of it. I also loved the chemistry between Percy and Annabeth, from the start there was this vibe knowing that someday they'll end up with each other, their romance was not forward it was cute and it was innocent, the way young kids should be. 

I recommend this to kids and kids at heart :D (like me) The book teaches you to believe in yourself and never give up. To always have the courage to try and not settle for things :) Percy Jackson is an ideal hero. 



So dear readers what do you think about Percy Jackson? :)





Love, Aimee♥



Comments

FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM