Book Highlight - "Fallen" by Lauren Kate♥

With all the hype of the "supernatural" forbidden love, this book in particular was the one that caught my attention so far. I was intrigued by the whole "Fallen Angel" bravado. After having the satisfaction from other books, Fallen was the closest to becoming one of the series I would be following in the moment.






Fallen was an enjoyable read, I loved the whole Fallen Angel mystery. The personalities of the characters was well written, I loved the dark theme towards the book and the wonderful twist about Luce and Daniel's forbidden love. Who wouldn't want a story about reincarnation? In the book Daniel and Luce have been lovers for about thousands of years, the only problem is they could never be together. It turns out Luce comes by every 17 years and dies right after, and with those deaths for thousands of years, Luce doesn't even have a faint memory of her past lives, It was amazing on how much thought was put through.

With all the beauty of the story, there was one thing I didn't like, and that is Luce becoming such a "Bella". I never loved twilight so I was disappointed on how Luce was turning out through the course of the book. Luce became too focused on finding things about Daniel instead of trying to find answers to her problem. I was baffled by her eagerness for someone who did not seem interested in her at all. I would've liked it if Luce tried to battle her fears instead, rather than hoping for a boy's affection. It all became ridiculous.

Even with negativity of the main protagonist, I still have high hopes for the book, I'm hoping she wouldn't be that way through the series or I swear this book would be another twilight.... so currently I'm reading Torment, and hopefully this would be better than the first book.

I want to point out something though, I just noticed that in most books right now, why does it seem okay for the heroine's to become so desperately boy crazy? I just don't get it. I've read a couple of books in which I got annoyed with the heroine's. Is it a fad to be lovestruck with some guy who doesn't like you? it's such an awful example to young girls. I would like it if Authors nowadays would write their books with their protagonists eager to find solutions to their problems, focusing on growing up, rather than finding out why this sort of guy doesn't like them.

Comments

FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM