Sweet Nothing 60's

Just this morning I woke up singing to the song "Sweet Nothing's by Brenda Lee", it's a song about her lover whispering "Sweet Nothing's to her ear", so after wanting to hear her song I opened up my laptop and watched her video from the 60's as one of her first TV appearance's.



While watching the video I fell in love with what she was wearing, I opted to look through the internet for the fashion of 1960's, this was the age of groovy vibe and the introduction of empowered women to the fashion world.





The 60's women wore short tailored outfits, skirts, high - waited shorts, big sunglasses and lots and lots of mascara! What's best about the 60's fashion is the femininity of details and the simplicity of style, you can never really go overboard.







Here is Jackie O a former first Lady of US was the epitome of 60's fashion, that up until now she is considered as an Icon. Even movie stars of today lives this fashion era as their main identity of style, such as actress Zooey Deschanel who is embodying everything, from her hair down to her attitude, so I used Jackie O' and Zooey Deschanel as my inspirations to recreate the 60's look. with the help of Brenda Lee singing on the background I didnt hesitate to continue my piece.

Here are some examples

For more on the feminine side,


A simple white button down shirt and mid-cut skirt with peach mary jane pumps, and of course don't forget the large sunglasses


Lastly for the ladies who are always on the go, 
 Tailored pants with loose fitting peach shirt and simple mary jane flats and the timeless large sunglasses.

watch movies such as Breakfast at Tiffany's and I dream of Jeannie for TV shows to be inspired in adding the 60's to your wardrobe! 














Comments

FOLLOW @SPELLBOUND_ALY ON INSTAGRAM